I am a professional freelance literary translator and proofreader (see my website here). The location-independent nature of my work means that I can work anywhere, as long as I have an internet connection. Since 2018, I therefore decided to travel and house-sit full time, as it provides me with the freedom to travel and explore new places, as well as the company of animals!
I love animals and have wide experience of looking after cats, dogs and other pets, but my current nomadic lifestyle means I cannot have pets of my own.
Working from home, I spend a lot of time reading and translating, and so I offer great company for your pets – they will not be left alone for long periods of time. I like nothing more than snuggling up on the sofa with a cat (or dog) and a good book. I also like to potter about the place, tidying and cleaning (it makes a nice break from the words), so you’ll find your house will be pretty spotless when you get back.
- I have been police checked – I will be more than happy to provide a scanned copy of my DBS check on request, and proof of ID (copy of photo ID).
- I am a verified member of other housesitting websites including Trusted Housesitters, Mindmyhouse, Luxury Housesitting and Housesit Match.
- Read reviews from previous housesits.
Why hire me as your housesitter?
- Protect your home against burglary while you are away.
- Allow your pets to stay in their own home environment, with loving care and walks!
- Avoid costly kennel or cattery fees.
- Keep your houseplants alive.
- Have a clean and tidy home to come back to.
The following press articles discuss the various reasons you might be considering hiring a housesitter, (plus you will see how reasonable my rates are compared to some of the bigger companies!):
So if you are going away and need a trustworthy housesitter who adores animals, please get in touch via the contact form.